2 fresh tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp oregano
2 Tbsp Paprika
3 Tbsp Chili powder (to taste)
2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
3 cans canned beans (black beans, pinto beans), rinsed & drained
1 lb Turkey bacon
3 lbs ground Turkey
2 (16 oz) cans tomatoes, diced
12 oz. tomato past
1 - 2 onions, finely diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 (10 oz) cans condensed beef or chicken broth
6 oz. beer
1 (8oz) package shredded cheddar cheese
1) Process the fresh tomatoes, garlic, cumin, oregano, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper & jalapeno pepper in the food processor; place in the refrigerator overnight.
1) Place beans in crock pot.
2) Fry the bacon until crispy, chop it up into bite sized pieces and place in crock pot.
3) Brown the ground turkey in some of the bacon drippings and place in the crock pot.
4) Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste,onions, bell peppers, and broth and tomato spice puree that you made the day before.
5) Stir to mix and let cook for 12 hours on low or 6 hours on high. (beans will soak up more flavor if on low setting)
6) Serve topped with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Note: This recipe is for a 6 quart crock pot or larger