Monday, January 10, 2011

Gluten-Free Sweet Pastry Crust

I've been looking for a descent pie crust recipe and I think this does it. As usual, I use Gluten Free (GF) products because I'm gluten sensitive. You can easily change the GF flour for regular All Purpose Flour.

I apologize, I got this recipe online and can't seem to find the website where I got it from. If anyone knows, please let me know so I know who to give credit to. Although, I did alter the recipe a bit.


Makes 2 crusts
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Flour (Bob's Red Mills All Purpose Gluten Free Flour)
1/3 cup Arrowroot
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum (Bob's Red Mills)
8 Tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

WHAT TO DO
In a mixing bowl stir together the flour, xanthan gum, arrowroot and set aside. In a food processor or another mixing bowl, add the sugar and butter and mix until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Separate the dough into two portions. Flatten portions into discs, wrap in cellophane and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour to cool and harden.

TIP: 
I use these crust for sweet or savory recipes, like apple pies and chicken pot pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...